An important message about our service20-05-2020
BreastScreen NSW has recommenced routine breast screening. We suspended services temporarily to protect women, staff and the community from the risk of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
We are currently inviting women to have their regular breast screen, starting with clients who had their appointments cancelled during the suspension period.
Please wait to be reinvited by BreastScreen NSW before contacting us on 13 20 50 or making a booking online.
We would like to thank you for your patience as it may take some time before all screening clinics across the state are open.
The safety of women, our staff and the community is our priority. In the video below, Dr. Wendy Vincent (Clinical Advisor, BreastScreen NSW) outlines the measures we have put in place to protect against the transmission of COVID-19.
How we’re helping to keep you safe at your appointment:
- Precautionary questions around health and travel
- Practicing social distancing and providing hand sanitizer in clinic waiting rooms
- A minimal contact check-in process
- Cleaning of equipment and commonly used surfaces
- Limiting the number of people in the clinic.
How you can help us when attending your appointment:
- Attend your appointment alone
- Only enter the clinic 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment
- Wash your hands before coming to your appointment
- Avoid touching your nose and mouth
- Stay a safe distance from others
- Stay at home if you are unwell
- Be patient and kind, we are in this together.
If you have any questions or require support, please call us on 13 20 50.
We will provide further updates here and on our Facebook page.