Important pre-screening information07-05-2020
To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, BreastScreen NSW is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Before you book or attend an existing appointment, please note:
- If you have recently travelled overseas, been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have flu-like symptoms(such as fever or cough), please schedule your appointment after your self-isolation period ends.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, we recommend you focus on getting well and postpone your mammogram until you have been given the all-clear by your doctor, then please call 13 20 50 to book an appointment.
- If you become unwell prior to your appointment or have contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please call 13 20 50 to reschedule.
BreastScreen NSW has the following safety measures in place:
- Precautionary questions around health and travel
- Limiting the number of people in the clinic
- Provision of hand sanitiser
- Practicing social distancing in clinic waiting rooms
- A minimal contact check-in process
- Cleaning equipment and commonly used surfaces.
It is important to note that a mammogram is a medical procedure that requires close contact with a radiographer. Radiographers use NSW Standard Health Precautions and will position women with minimal face-to-face contact.
Here’s how you can help us when attending your appointment:
- Stay at home if you are unwell
- Wash your hands before coming to your appointment
- Only enter the clinic 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment
- Attend your appointment alone
- Avoid touching your nose and mouth
- Maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres from others where possible
- Be patient and kind, we are in this together.
We encourage you to remain breast aware and if you find a breast change that is unusual for you, contact your doctor or health worker without delay.
If you have any questions or require help, please call us on 13 20 50.