Screening with a Health Condition or Disability
If you have a health condition or disability, there's a high chance you can still have a screening mammogram, and many BreastScreen NSW centres are accessible.
Do you have a health condition or disability?
If so, there’s a high chance you can still have a screening mammogram.
Many of our screening centres are accessible and BreastScreen NSW staff are experienced in helping all women feel comfortable during their screening mammogram.
If you have a health condition or disability, the following information may help you feel more confident about your screening mammogram:
- You can attend your breast screen appointment with a carer, friend or family member
- Your guide dog or assistance dog is welcome at your appointment
- BreastScreen NSW staff can provide assistance to women with intellectual disabilities
- We can liaise with local disability services to arrange support for you when you attend your screening appointment
- You can find out more information in our brochure, BreastScreen Information for Women with a Disability
Information for Wheelchair Users
- Accessible Centres: Most of our screening centres and mobile vans provide wheelchair access. Use our interactive Location Finder to search for your nearest accessible centre, or call BreastScreen NSW on 13 20 50.
- Having Your Screening Mammogram: If you are in a wheelchair, you can have your screening mammogram while seated. However, it’s important that you are able to independently hold your head up and your arms clear of your chest.
- Appointment Times: We provide longer appointment times to meet the needs of wheelchair users. If you have specific requirements, be sure to let us know when you make your appointment.
Women with Hearing or Speech Impairments
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can contact BreastScreen NSW through the National Relay Service
To contact a BreastScreen NSW operator:
- TTY users should phone the National Relay Service on 133 677, then ask for 13 20 50
- Speak and Listen users should phone the National Relay Service on 1300 555 727, then ask for 13 20 50
- Internet Relay users should connect to the National Relay Service, then ask for 13 20 50
We can provide Auslan interpreter services at your appointment.
Positioning for your Mammogram
In some cases, your health condition or disability will prevent the radiographer from being able to position you correctly for your screening mammogram, or you may not be able to position yourself, e.g. due to limited arm movement.
If you think your condition may affect your screening mammogram, talk to your doctor or call a BreastScreen team member on 13 20 50.